PHONICS FLASH CARDS
The Phonics pack consists of 37 double-sided cards with simplistic and engaging illustrations of animals doing sports and activities, because… why can’t a bear play badminton or a penguin go paddleboarding? Each animal has a name to help identify and make the phonic sound more relatable, you will meet Ollie the octopus, Lara the lion, Gary the goat amongst many other new friends.
We know Phonics can seem daunting but we’ve done all the hard work for you. With our simple to follow instruction cards, you will find everything you need to follow your exciting phonics journey. We will teach you how to use our cards, sound blending, pronunciation, phonics terminology and even phonic games – we’ve got you covered. Each learning group has been cleverly segmented into their own letter groups by colour, so you can concentrate on one group at a time. From there you can start to introduce sound blending where we will start you off by giving you examples of simple words.
So, what’s included in each pack?
- Introduction, instruction, terminology and game cards
- 1 Sound Group Card
- 1 Pronunciation Card
- 1 Double sided Sound Blending Card
- 25 Phonic Cards – Single letter one side with animal friends doing sports and activities on the reverse
- 7 Digraph Phonic Cards – Double letter one side with animal friends doing sports and activities on the reverse
Which letters are included in this pack? Letters a-z (not the letter ‘q’ as ‘qu’ is used in phonics) as well ck, th, sh, ch, ng and nk.
These hands-on phonics cards are ideal to help preschoolers and early years to learn their letter sounds, boost confidence, and develop more understanding about reading simple words.
The next set of our Happy Little Doers Phonics will be available soon and will cover more digraphs (two letters working together to create one sound e.g sh, ch) and trigraph letters (three-letter working together to create one sounds e.g ‘igh’ and ‘air’) sounds.
Phonic schemes differ and will vary depending on their specific school syllabus. The aim of all of our cards is to ensure that your child is happy and engaged and becoming a Happy Little Doer!
HAPPY LITTLE DOERS LOVE TO CONSIDER EVERYTHING
- The cards have been simply designed.
- Black and white letters for high contrast with minimal distractions, two-tone colour illustrations on the reverse to improve association, engagement and memory.
- Child-friendly font for ease of legibility.
- Each pack comes with ideas of fun ways to play with the phonics, helping to learn in a fun and engaging way.
- Rounded edges make safe and perfect for little hands.
- Each card has a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean and used over and over.
- The modern style and lasting finish mean they can be used all the way through primary school.